Thursday, July 30, 2009

My kind of summer weekend

The past 4 weeks have been full of fun adventure and plenty of hustling and bustling. From my roadtrip with Jessica from Seattle to Avila Beach, a 4th of July weekend on the coast, a concert in Berkeley, a day in Monterey, a weekend with our amiga Amber in Long Beach and a mini road trip down to a San Diego horse ranch, Jess, Dan and I have been BUSY and we decided that last weekend was going to be a slow one... well sort of. 

We decided to stay close to home for some R&R. Who wouldn't want to kick off the weekend with Friday night karaoke at a local dive??? My mom, Jess, Daniel and I loved the people watching and even sang a few tunes ourselves :)

Saturday morning, I perused the local farmers market and munched on figs, the sweetest corn on the cob and a plum tart with my sweety all morning long. The afternoon was reserved for my favorite pastime - sunbathing with homemade white sangria! Around 6 pm we fired up the grill for our Chipotle burgers with pepper jack, roasted corn and homemade peach crisp. It was old fashioned family time in the pool til well after the sun went to sleep.

What's a summer Sunday without baseball? My dad took Daniel, Jess and I to a Dodger game for a swelteringly wonderful day game. Dodger dogs, garlic fries, frozen lemonade and a soft pretzel were all part of the day as well as our sweet Manny hat. 

The 3 amigos. My favorite people on earth. Yes, she's eating his hair


Thanks Dad!

No comments: