Wednesday, July 15, 2009

beat the heat with a jellyfish!

Back in April, I bought 3 tickets (knowing that Jessica would be here visiting) to see Death Cab for Cutie at the Greek in Berkeley. Saturday, it was finally time to rock out - and get out of the valley heat!  Despite a fierce cold that plagued Jessica and me, we were determined to have a fabulous time. On Saturday, Jess, Daniel and I (we're becoming quite the fun filled triple threat:) drove to Berkeley for the concert. We took advantage of our early arrival and our general admission tickets and sneaked our way into the pit and staked a killer spot. Ra Ra Riot and Andrew Bird were the openers (both very pleasant surprises). There were no cameras allowed so I have no pictures of the show, which exceeded all of our expectations!

We crashed in Half Moon Bay at my friend Amy's house, though she was gone for the weekend :( The next day, we had a lot of couching, sneezing and runny noses, but we refused to let that hinder a good time. We took the long way home... via Monterey. 




None of us had been to the aquarium in the recent past and we figured it was time for a visit. Just in time for the "Secret Life of Sea Horses" Exhibit in fact! 

The Splash Zone


Sea Anemones



I'm kind of obsessed with jellyfish, though I know - first hand- how painful their sting is





Touch Tank



I love these little guys!!



This is a Sea Horse!! Look at that camouflage!



Everyone's favorite Monterey attraction



Minus the stuffy nose, the day was perfect :)


No comments: